Keeping their Promises

Georgebb's review of DFH - www.dfh.co.uk

“Keeping their Promises”

Written on: 01/12/2011 by Georgebb (2 reviews written)

When my boyfriend and I split up it suddenly left me with more outgoings than income! Some of these were an old credit card, a catalogue and a big overdraft - with no luck trying to get a consolidation loan, I was passed to DFH Limited, a debt management company.
Very clearly and up front they told me my options and what servies they could provide. they explained they would charge £35 per month fee to deal with all my creditors and stop any nasty phone calls and letters etc. Anything more I could pay over the £35 would be passed directly to the creditors. They said I would be in control of the repayments and could increase or decrease as my circumstances needed.
I agreed and set up a standing order for £100 per month. Within a few days all the paperwork was completed and I was given an individual account manager with direct dial telephone number.
A month later and I received the first of my monthly statements advising how much was paid to my creditors this month.
Within a couple of months I was able to increase my monthly Standing Order and was pleased to see the increased amount being paid to my creditors in the next statement.
My account manager phoned me regularly and kept me up to date with my account etc.
After 18 months I had a good friend offer to pay off the total balance in a private arrangement so I conatcted DFH who were more than happy to help me sort this out with the creditors.
They passed me to a new account manager who only deals with these situations. She explained my options and contacted the creditors to get their balances owing. I had the option for DFH to make agreements to clear the debts at a possibly reduced total amount. DFH advised this would show on my credit report and possibly impact future credit applications.
I decided not to make any arrangements and pay the full balances. DFH proceeded with this and within a week everything had been done and I had letters from DFH and all my creditors advising my accounts were cleared and closed.
Every person I dealt with at DFH was kind, helpful and full of good advice. They kept every promise made to me; providing written proof of this. When my circumstances changed they were happy to accomodate me.
Their charges were fair, honest and clearly stated.
On 'losing my business' as it were; they were more than happy to continue to help. They charged nothing extra for helping me to do this. And when they noticed that, on completion, I had over paid by £50 this was immediately refunded to me that day!
I am totally impressed by this wonderful company and their staff. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs help, advice or especially if they need a debt management company who actually does what they say they will do!

Kezzy1's Response to Georgebb's Review

Written on: 15/08/2012

ok im a little worried about some reviews on this site, i'm sick of trying to sort all the debts myself and felt myself sinking deeper in debt, it took me a lot of nerve to contact DFH but I did it and signed up..after this Ive had lots of contact and i'm fully aware of their fees etc, I just wanted the peace of mind someone else was sorting things for me, and trust me its hard work sorting and working with some of these company's, anyway's 'Im really worried that after reading these reviews that maybe ive done the wrong thing so now im more stressed then I was before....can you offer any advice please.

Lianne23's Response to Georgebb's Review

Written on: 22/08/2012

i am looking into doing this and now i really dont know where to turn

Georgebb's Response to Georgebb's Review

Written on: 15/08/2012

Hey Kezzy1. I have now read some of these other reviews and am really surprised at the things being said. I had nothing but excellent service and communication from DFH. Perhaps you just keep with them for a few months and then review how you have got on then you can always reconsider your options at that point? There is no binding contract that says you MUST stay with DFH - you can change whenever you like. There are lots of companies out there which offer the same service and the only way to get around paying the fees is to do all the hard slog yourself; which is stressful.
If you are still worried you could always contact a free advice service: