Tsb business debit card

Curla11's review of Lloyds TSB Debit Card

“Tsb business debit card”

Written on: 17/10/2012 by Curla11 (1 review written)

Me and my wife run a small shop and mail order business, we use or at least try to use our TSB business debit card to pay for stock, but find the card is repeatedly being stopped, we order from suppliers on a daily basis have done now for the last 3 or 4 years, we try to pay for all incoming items before they are dispatched so as not to run up huge bills through the course of a month, over the past 3 months our suppliers seem to be having trouble taking money, when we call the bank they say that the transaction looks suspicious, though these are the same companies that we have dealt with in the same way for the last 3 years, our bank balance as never been healthier so it is not funds related but is beginning to have a negative effect on the daily running of our business i.e. orders not getting sent out on time due to delays with products coming in, it also makes our suppliers feel we are going out of business due to payments being declined. We have been trying to sort this with a business or branch manager now since August but our meetings keep getting cancelled at the last minute, feels like banging my head against a wall, anyone thinking of opening an account with these cowboys should reconsider.

• Multi function

Main Card Function

Realityneat's Response to Curla11's Review

Written on: 22/11/2012

My son is having similar problems, they block credit and debit cards second time. As he is back packing Thailand / Vietnam he seems to be having major problems. Blocked twice now. He could find himself with no access to funds despite having money in his account. They say there is a high volume of fraud and they have to make sure it is my son using the cards. But they phone me here in England to confirm the transaction was made by my son, but then voice the data protection act that cannot be discuss with me......... Nightmare

Htafc112's reply to Realityneat's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2012

Your son can notify the bank that he is in Thailand and for how long and they can make provisions to ensure that the problem is reduced significantly.

Peterducksmith's Response to Curla11's Review

Written on: 20/02/2014

I tried to send money to my nat west brokerline account which i have done for 15 years and kept getting blocked and gave up trying,i finally transfered the 150k to thailand where i live at 30k a time,and paid dearly for it at about 10% less than the going rate if i had cash

San2440's Response to Curla11's Review

Written on: 18/11/2013

Totally agree with above. Evertime I try to buy something online, I get a message payment has been declined by the bank. Just dont understand, if I have to spend my hard earned money why is the bank doing this..

Dfr200764's Response to Curla11's Review

Written on: 08/03/2013

I have had trouble with my Lloyds TSB Debit Card, though I have a personal one. I think I went shopping with it at our local precinct. After about 3 purchases, I ended up in Waitrose and the card transaction was declined. Reason : Fraud. Just because I had dared to spend a bit of money (not even a hundred pound) they pulled the pug because I had carried out possibly three transactions in close succession. I don't know who writes the software but they patronisingly tell me that its all for my own protection - yeah,right !