data protection

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's review of White Label Dating www.whitelabeldating.com

“data protection”

Written on: 26/06/2011

I joined 'truedate' in 2006, which I cancelled after about six months, and have been on no others since. Recently it was brought to my attention that I was on a site called 'singles365' and when I checked it out, simply by joining as a member of the opposite sex, i saw myself, with my original profile and photo but with a user name which I had never used, and masses of messages and winks! I did the same with 'truedate' and there I was. Using the 'contact us' facility I discovered that the parent company is 'whitelinedating' a.k.a. 'globalpersonals' to name but two. Customer services were able to give me my sign in details and I was able to change my profile to say that I was not on the site since 2006, but I continued to receive winks and messages!!! I am assured that my details have now been removed from their database but no apology was forthcoming. Windsor trading standards are aware of the company and have set up a "Home Authority Relationship', which means there is a dedicated officer who deals with complaints and has regular meetings with them to discuss. Anything related to data protection is dealt with by the Information Commissioner's Office and is very serious. So contact either of the above. Good luck.

• Ease Of Navigation

Twench's Comment

Written on: 12/12/2011

I'd like to report Global Personals to Trading Standards on account of their 'ice-breakers'. Do you have the name of the dedicated officer?