Expensive sharks

• Ease Of Navigation

Cincsem's review of Parship www.parship.co.uk

“Expensive sharks”

Written on: 11/12/2012 by Cincsem (1 review written)

I looked at the Parship price plans and selected what purported to be a one month subscription. They billed me for a year- turns out the price quoted means ''per month' in the year we will charge you for that you clearly don't want'... I tried to cancel it, but it seems they cannot locate my request using their own website form. I was charged £178. Yesterday, and continued queries have so far generated what appear to be computer driven responses saying that as 10 days have elapsed, I can't cancel and tough!
I would avoid it just on these grounds- there is nobody responding to messages in person, and with any degree of professionalism.

Beyond that, there are few members outside London, and it isn't possible to search by postcode area, which is ridiculous.
If I could give it no stars I would. I'm still waiting to find out whether they will return my money or not, but so far there is no human dealing with it as far as I can tell.

• Ease Of Navigation

Visit parship.co.uk

Parship_Uk's Response to Cincsem's Review

Written on: 14/12/2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry to hear of your experiences regarding your PARSHIP membership subscription and your search for other members outside of London.

The price you refer to is quoted to give members an impression of how much they can save as a monthly equivalent with each level of membership.

Furthermore, as I am unable to identify your PARSHIP membership from the details you have given in your post, I ask you to please contact us by clicking on the following link so that one of our customer service agents may assist you further with your queries:

Regards,

Andrew
PARSHIP Webcare

Haggardpete's reply to Parship_Uk's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2013

I had a similar experience. Parship charged c. £50 when I signed on for a £20 service. When I received the bill I replied asking for my account to be credited. No response. I contracted customer service and asked for my account to be deleted. No response. Since there was no way to cancel the service I removed my personal details as far as possible.

A year I have just received a letter from a debt collecting agency threatening my credit status.

parship.co.uk