Takes a few tries...

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's review of Ok Cupid - www.okcupid.com

“Takes a few tries...”

Written on: 14/07/2013

To be honest I was really skeptical, but my friend had met her boyfriend on the site and things were going well. I signed up, and for the first few months it was really hit or miss. I went back on, revamped my account (slimming down my answers and being more honest about what I wanted). I met a guy, it went well (for a while... it eventually ended), and my friend who recommended the site was getting married. My relationship went south, but I tried again, more updates to my profile, some more recent profile pictures, and a few bad dates later I met my fiance.
My recommendations on achieving success: first, be totally honest about who you are and what you're looking for. Second, shoot for meeting within a week of consistent contact. Public day beverage was always better than alcohol at night. You can really tell if you have chemistry without social lubricant. If you want it to last take your time to tell if this person is really worth your time (if you're looking for the real deal).

• Ease Of Navigation