Total garbage

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's review of My Single Friend www.mysinglefriend.com

“Total garbage”

Written on: 08/05/2012

I paid for a full months membership priced at £22.00 with Mysinglefriend. It seems to be widespread that it is impossible to tell if a member is a paying member or if they are just there for 'browsing'. This seems very unfair in my opinion.
I have sent a fair few messages in the first few days and added men to my favourites, but it dawned on me that these members may only be able to see my actions and choose not to respond as they are non-paying. Also it is not possible to see if they are online, so for all I know I could be messaging someone who has been inactive for months. I am deeply
disappointed, especially as I wish I had done my research when
reading forums for MSF, as past members have all raised the above
concerns. Out of the 807 'new members' as it states on my front page, only
half of those could be active users, this is very unfair for those of us that have paid. I feel totally cheated. People...stick to a free site like Plentyoffish.

• Ease Of Navigation

Written on: 11/07/2013

Hi there, it's Danielle from the MSF team here. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience on mysinglefriend. It is free to join and browse the site, but to read your messages you do need to be a paid member.

We regularly remove profiles that are inactive to make sure that our member base is up to date and current, and we are working on our new site currently which will include new features such as who has viewed you.

If you would like to get in touch with us to discuss further please email us.

Written on: 11/07/2013

If you would like to get in touch with us to discuss further please email us.

Manero's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2013

Wow, it's only taken 1 year and 2 months for MSF to respond, proving my point. Your customer service needs a huge amount of work.

Hi Manero,

We're going back through all our reviews over the past year or so to see who's had a bad/good experience on the site, it's just a new project that we're doing. Better than no response at all we think :)

Our customer service team always respond back to queries from customers promptly, but wouldn't deal with reviews left on a 3rd party site hence the delayed response - I'm actually from the head office. We have a huge amount of positive stories from people on the site but appreciate that not all of the reviews on here are complimentary.

Ewokuk's Comment

Written on: 24/12/2013

I agree with the original review. There are certain mandatory features of a dating site which are plain common sense to any legitimate site that isnt about grabbing as much money as possible and keeping people hanging on like a fish on a hook, and the most important of those is the ability to search, filter, and view when people were last logged in to the site. The second most important of which is the ability to know who is a fully paid member and able to respond and who is not. Of course if this information was readily available it might prevent people from signing up when they see just how few people are able to respond and have been on recently, hence some sites don't show it.

Written on: 27/12/2013

Hi,

I do understand your point and agree with you however by differentiating between paid and non paid members on the site you create a divide, it makes it unfair and doesn't give non members a chance. Some members are between subscriptions or have recently signed up and haven't decided whether to take the plunge and pay yet. Others might decide to pay on the basis of who has just messaged them so they can reply. So there's not really a straightforward solution to it unfortunately!

We have actually just opened up the messaging service to all members, whether they are paid or not, for the next 2 days, so it gives everyone a chance.

Also it is possible to search for when a member was last logged in (up to the last 3 months) so hopefully that addresses your first point!

Whenever you introduce a new feature to a dating site such as Who's Viewed You or Last Online there will be some people who love it and others who hate as it feels too 'stalkerish'. It's difficult to get the balance right but we do listen to our members and act on their feedback.

Thanks