What a let down...

• Ease Of Navigation

marko32's review of My Single Friend www.mysinglefriend.com

“What a let down...”

Written on: 22/12/2011 by marko32 (1 review written)

I have to echo many of the sentiments here, and am actually quite relieved as I thought it might just be me!..phewww!

As a decent looking and interesting guy (so I tell myself) I thought it would be great to meet likeminded women, who are intelligent and have something going for them unlike the pond life on most other free dating sites.

Sadly, I didn't get to meet them! I sent out about 20 messages in the first week and received precisely zero responses. After this I lost interest and didn't message again. However, I did get one uninitiated message from a girl who I met and went on a date with, but alas, nothing materialised.

It's quite funny as I've always heard rave reviews about MSF first and second hand over the past few years which got my hopes up. I think it might have been better in the past but now has become more of a volume based marketing exercise.

The biggest problem is that you have no idea which profiles are live and which are genuine, as a result you stop putting effort into the intitial message and and up with the spray and pray approach, thus demeaning your efforts.

If it wasn't for the one solitary meet I would give it ZERO stars.
Save your money and spend that at a bar where you actually know people exist as a known entity.

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's Response to marko32's Review

Written on: 13/01/2012

Hi can I say I have had exactly the same issue. Talk about making you feel more lonely than you were already.
I joined in November and I have had precisely one message. Wish I had read your email before I went and signed up.

Good luck trying to find your soul mate.
Clare