How to remain as a 'Single Friend'

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's review of My Single Friend www.mysinglefriend.com

“How to remain as a 'Single Friend'”

Written on: 29/11/2011

After a disasterous experience with three other dating sites earlier this year I eventually came across 'My Single Friend' that I joined in September 2011.

This site is the brain child of TV presenter Sarah Beeney and quite a novel idea compared to most mainstream dating sites. Each user has to get a friend to describe them and enter their honest write up on the site for potential matches to read.

I joined this site with high hopes that maybe I had found a site where there is a good chance of getting some replies. A close friend provided a very humourous and nice write up about me. For a single person to enlist the help of a friend to assist them in their quest to find that special person made me think that the people on this site are not time wasters, scam merchants and are more likely to reply to messages as they have gone that extra mile in making an effort to produce a profile. I browsed the various profiles of women in the North West region and was surprised by the quality of the ladies on the site. I then decided to part with £22 for a month's subscription.

Then the 'let down experience' occured! I fired off around 30 messages to different women on the site over the course of five days and guess what? Not a sausage in responses! Again as I have mentioned in other reviews about other dating sites I don't consider myself to be in the same looks league as George Clooney but I am not bad looking (and I am not being vain saying that!). I sent other members what I would consider to be short pleasant messages where I introduce myself and ask if maybe they're interested in a chat to find out more about each other. Unfortunately this does not have the desired effect.

After three weeks of effort I finally threw the towel in and gave up completely! My Single Friend is no better than most of the other internet sites in that it gets you to part with your cash and sadly the success rate is extremely limited. I'm sure that maybe there is a couple out there somewhere who have got together as a result of this site but I believe (or should I say I know!) that they are in the vast minority.

The only positive thing I can offer about My Single Friend is that their help desk is pretty swift at resolving any issues and you get the feel of a personal touch.

The experience of MSF is just another nail in the coffin of internet dating. Having reviewed other people's remarks about this and other internet sites I can find some comfort in that I am not alone in this situation. Maybe I am just one of the sorry people who is destined to spend this life as permanent singleton!

Anyway, all I can say is if there is a 'successful' dating site out there - then can someone please tell me!

• Ease Of Navigation

Shoeshopper's Comment

Written on: 02/12/2011

Im female, i feel the same as you