Only lasted 11 & half months

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

RocketCharm's review of Foehn & Hirsch DV3612

Foehn & Hirsch DV3612

“Only lasted 11 and half months”

Written on: 06/01/2012 by RocketCharm (3 reviews written)

Foehn & Hirsch HDMI Upscaling DVD player 1080P with USB playback
DV3612

Positive points:
This was a great little unit. It was well priced and performed to expectations. It did not make tea, it did not do the washing up, but it did play all the disks I tried in it. The up-scaling was an improvement over my previous players, and it did not have any compatibility problems (unlike Blu-ray players).

Negative points:
It was a bit light weight, so I had to hold it still when operating the front panel, and the although it looked okay if felt a bit cheap.
HOWEVER it only lasted about 11 & a half months, and we mainly use a computer PVR, so this device was only occasionally used. I've send it back under 12 month warranty but EBuyer have only refunded a proportion of the replacement cost, so I am out of pocket. I am highly dissatisfied. In this day and age one expects a DVD player to last more than a year. I suspect the internal build quality is sub-standard. Also watch out as it could trap your disk in the machine when it goes.

• 6 - 12 Months