Awful customer service

Guest's review of Sapphires www.decks.co.uk

Sapphires www.decks.co.uk

“Awful customer service”

Written on: 20/03/2012

I purchased a midi controller for my husband's birthday with next day delivery (as it was the 2 days before his bday). I received an email stating that my order would be delivered the next day subject to payment clearance. I happily awaited delivery the next day (between 8am and 7pm which wasn't ideal) and was informed I'd receive a tracking number so I could track an approx. time for delivery. I hadn't received a code by 7am the next day, and as customer services don't open until 10am I waited and phoned as soon as I could to be told 'your item is out of stock, we tried to phone you to tell you'. I had no answerphone message left, was then told 'it rang off before we could leave a message' which can't be true as I have not 1 but 2 answerphones! Was then told 'oh, we emailed you' but I had no email, nor in my junk. I conveyed my disappointment at this, given I'd rearranged my ENTIRE day for the delivery to be told 'what exactly do you want me to do?' in an abrupt tone. I told the gentleman that I couldn't wait for delivery and wished to cancel, to which he responded 'fine, thank you' and hung up on me! I then had to phone back AGAIN later on as he hadn't actually cancelled my order, it had been locked (which meant they would have waited for the item to come in and charged me for it) so I had to spend more of my time and money asking them to delete my order. This was done by a very efficient lady who duly removed the order. I left a message on facebook, it was removed, I then emailed customer services and noone even bothered getting back to me. I have now found an amazing company who have delivered over and above my expectations so far and I am planning on purchasing all my studio equipment from them now. I would steer clear of this company, if you can't put value in customer service or even acknowledge you have made a mistake then that rings quite a lot of alarm bells! Avoid disappointment and shop elsewhere I'd say!

Emily85's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2012

Thats really strange that this has happened to you. I have been purchasing equipment from decks.co.uk for many years now and the sales team as well as the customer service team have been most kind and helpful and are great at getting the best deals in the UK by far!i have also had some of my lights and speakers repaired under warranty and they have been really prompt. all my deliveries have arrived with me the next day but in the odd few occasions they have been out of stock of something they call me within a few hours of placing my order and inform me. usually its like only 1 or 2 day wait but it's definitely cheaper than and more efficient than companies i have dealt with in the past so it is worth the wait.
great company and i mostly call to get my deals.