Heater shambles

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Carlo156's review of Wilkinson

“Heater shambles”

Written on: 04/09/2014 by Carlo156 (1 review written)

I order a Dimplex Convector heater from Wilko.com. It arrived a few days later; fortunately somebody was at home to collect because we weren't given any forewarning of the delivery or given a tracking number. The packaging of the heater looked as if has previously been opened, and when I opened the box the heater was damaged with a large dent in the casing of the heater which meant that you could see the internal elements of the heater. I contacted Wilko who apologised and arranged for a collection and redelivery at the same time. Again we weren't notified of the delivery date and there was no tracking information. The second heater arrived and a "new" one delivered. This heater was in exactly the same condition as the first! Clearly Wilko and Dimplex are sending out "returned goods" and passing them off as new. I contacted Wilko and asked that the 2nd heater was collected and for them to refund me the money. They told me what day the heater would be collected - a Tuesday between 8am and 6pm........... it's now 7pm on that day, and still no collection - I have waited in all day!!! I have contacted Wilko again who were very apologetic, but admitted that they are unable to offer any solutions or explanations for the catelogue of mishaps because the item comes direct from the 3rd party, i.e. Dimplex........ however Wilko are happy to collect your money. I am waiting for a return call from Wilko to find out when the collection and subsequent refund may happen!!!

• Wilko.com (online)