Worst delivery service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Wickes - www.wickes.co.uk

“Worst delivery service”

Written on: 05/04/2012

I called Wickes customer services 6 days before I wanted delivery. I was told that all items were in stock and that a wednesday delivery the following week (or eariler) should be possible. I was called Monday and told they only did Thursday delivery to my city...why didnt couldnt customer services relay that?
I called to complain, and was told that they only did thursday delivery. I was also told they would call Tuesday to confirm the delivery time slot. Tuesday..no call. Wednesday...no call. I called them wednesday evening and they finally confirmed the slot.
Day of delivery. The delivery man arrives, and I'm told no items can be carried down my drive or into my house! My order contained some plaster boards and adhesive - thank god it wasnt raining and I'm fit enough to lug the lot in.
I paid £50 for this delivery service. Total rubbish. I suggest wickes do some joined up thinking with their delivery contractors.

• Quality of service