Poorly informed, unhelpful & unfriendly!

Bathstore, Second Floor, Meridien House, 69-71 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DS
08000 232323
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Review19's review of Bathstore - www.bathstore.com

“Poorly informed, unhelpful and unfriendly! ”

Written on: 22/08/2013 by Review19 (1 review written)

Purchased an order from the Bath Store - Castle Vale ( to the sum of just over £350) a couple of weeks ago. Realised that the waste pipe we had purchased didn't fit the shower tray we had already purchased (from another company). Went back to the Bath Store for a refund, only to be informed by one of the sales assistants (in a manner that I can only describe as rather smug and unfriendly) that we were just over the exchange period to be entitled to a refund. We were also informed that the waste pipe we purchased was only compatible with THIER products! This was not made clear when purchased them! The refund policy was very unclear both from what we were told by the sales assistants and online. We had other other items to buy for our bathroom, however we felt that the manner we were spoken to was completely unacceptable and made us feel rather uncomfortable, so we left the shop and took our business elsewhere. I certainly would not recommend this company to anyone, it appears that they are very happy to take your money, but when it comes to customer service, they don't want to know.

• Castle Vale

Branch Visited

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Visit bathstore.com

Bathstore's Response to Review19's Review

Hello

Further to the review above, I am very sorry to hear of the manner in which your query was handled by my colleague in store, I have forwarded your comments on to the management responsible.

Our returns policy is clear, we allow you 7 days to return goods for whatever reason for refund, as long as they are unused and in their original packaging as detailed with the terms of the contract between us.

Our wastes are manufactured to suit our shower trays, but it could be possible that they would fit others, I am sorry that it was not compatible with the one that you had purchased form another retailer.

It is disappointing to hear of the unhappiness that has been caused, if you require any assistance at any point in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Kind regards

Paula Davies
Bathstore
Customer Service Manager

Letsbehonest's Response to Review19's Review

Written on: 23/08/2013

I would have thought it wise to have asked the sales assistant if the product you intended to purchase was suitable for use with goods purchased elsewhere at the time of purchase , the assistant wouldn't be able to read your mind to discover that you were intending to fit the item to goods of another brand.
Re Bathstores refund policy of seven days, this is perhaps a little unreasonable and discretion should be applied , I have taken products back to B and Q some weeks after purchase without any issues, yes I agree the goods have to boxed as new for a no strings refund or faulty for a conditional refund but Bathstores 7 day policy is one of many reasons I won't use them again.

Puttherecordstraight's reply to Letsbehonest's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2013

Letsbehonest; 450 comments written (in ire) by you about Bathstore. Seeing as your comments stretch back some three years, we must assume you haven't used Bathstore for that long. Therefore, your comments are somewhat distorted to say the least.
The truth is, you have a hidden agenda, and you are now writing HUNDREDS of negative comments to get some kind of revenge for whatever it is this company did to upset you.

SHAME ON YOU.

As long as you continue, i'll be here to let people know what your all about.....it's only fair.

Letsbehonest's reply to Puttherecordstraight's Comment

Written on: 24/08/2013

I'm sure the public will now feel a lot safer knowing you are there to protect them .

bathstore.com