Standards falling at Burton On Trent?

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of B&Q

“Standards falling at Burton On Trent?”

Written on: 12/06/2013

I recently visited my local B&Q store with the intention of replacing my tired and leaking en-suite shower. Passing each seemingly neat, tidy and comprehensively stocked aisle, I eventually reached the desired 'bathroom' section. I was immediately struck by the half empty shelving, but on closer inspection, many of the products packaging on display were clearly damaged and in several cases so were the contents! After gaining the assistance of an employee, i quickly realised that these items were 'leftover' stock, pending delivery of new. Whether it was coincidence that the products I was interested in were the ones which exhibited damage is unknown. I suspect not! Come on B&Q, sort out your damaged stock and remove it from display and/or clearly show a discounted price as a result. There were also several goods on display with no prices attached or 'mislabelled' due the incorrect positioning on the shelving. Sorry to say, as a result, I purchased most of my new shower at a nearby competitor.

• Quality of service