Sloppy work & poor customer care!

From 1 review

Guest's review of Trip to Komodo - www.triptokomodo.com

“Sloppy work and poor customer care!”

Written on: 06/05/2012

It all started well when I contacted this company to arrange a 3-day trip to Komodo National Park in Indonesia to see Komodo Dragons. Mr. Evan (a representative) told me that I would share the trip with another traveler and it looked pretty cheap compared to other companies. I booked the trip and paid the total amount due in advance. It was very hard to communicate with him as his English was very limited, but luckily I had an Indonesian friend that could help me with this. The day before departure, he gets in touch with me telling me that the other guest had canceled, then he stopped all emails and text messages suddenly. Had my Indonesian friend not been there, Mr. Evan would probably have completely ignored me and I don't know what all this nonsense would have ended up. He asked me for additional money to cover the single surcharge without even apologizing. I did pay the surcharge and I was expecting a nice private trip with an additional value given the fact that the trip was then all mine. What I got, instead, was a very young completely inexperienced local guide whose English was virtually nonexistent. He spent the whole time rushing around so that he could get back home. Result, boredom throughout the whole trip as there was no one to talk to plus frustration. When I tried to get in touch with him to seek clarification, he never replied. Therefore, if you are really looking for quality service, you'd be much better off with other companies.

Tuan48's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2013

Do NOT use triptokomodo. We booked a trip in December 2012. They asked me for payment in advance ($800 for two) which I foolishly paid to their bank account. On the day before the trip we arrived back in Kuta, only to be told that the morning flight to Labuan Bajo (for Komodo) has been cancelled and the trip had to be postponed. Since we cannot postpone the trip due to our flight bookings, we had to cancel it. They never refunded us in spite of repeated emails and phones!