Card Declined, tele-support lines & logons do NOT work

• Customer service

Guest's review of Tesco Clubcard Credit Card

“Card Declined, tele-support lines and logons do NOT work”

Written on: 20/05/2012

Card declined in a restaurant with no warning and there was no way to get to their customer support all the telephone numbers advertised came up as not working at this time. Internet site was down as well so couldn't check my balance. Could have been worse (but not much) I could have been abroad. Sounds like Tescos has had a "life changing event" with no resilience built in to allow for issues....

• 1 year and over

Used card for

Loyalty scheme

• Customer service

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2012

Exactly the same thing for us. 2 times declined... eventually (15 minutes) got to speak to somebody, 100% guarantee that things would be sorted out by today by 13:00hrs and guess what ... declined again. Want a new credit card :(
NOW they tell us wait another 36 hrs.... whats the guarantee then??

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2012

I'm in the US on holiday. I use my Tesco card for everything and don't carry much cash. I've spent an hour on the phone to Tesco over the past couple of days because the card is declined at every transaction. They initially said that it was a problem with one merchant's terminal but now say that it is a known system problem at their end. However, they're offering me no assistance whatsoever which I find unbelievable. I have a Tesco Finest (Platinum) card with over £10k of credit and have had this for many years. Needless to say I'm not going to be staying with these clowns and as soon as I get back to the UK. Fortunately I'd paid for my accommodation in advance; otherwise I've no idea how I'd be able to get out of this situation but Tesco don't give a stuff.