Want your card stopped every few months?

• Customer service

Guest's review of Marks and Spencer & More Card

“Want your card stopped every few months?”

Written on: 03/06/2013

On the surface a good card - generous rewards systems, no issues with online banking...

HOWEVER...over the past year or so my card has been stopped and replaced 3 or 4 times, despite their being no actual fraud on my account. The last two times have been immediately after trying to purchase something on Expedia/LastMinute.com, the first when trying to pay my New York Marathon entry. Minutes after the transaction failing (extraordinarily annoying) my phone has rang to tell me my card has been 'compromised'. When I go through the 'suspicious' transactions and confirm they are mine they still cancel the card and issue a replacement. The last time it happened I argued that they were incorrect and that my details had not been compromised. I asked that if my details were on some list of people possibly being hacked why had they conveniently waited until two minutes after I tried to use the card to tell me? She stuck to her story, despite me explaining that it didn't make any sense.

I've decided that using a card so unreliable is just not worth having. The other stories on here confirm my experience. Avoid.

• 1 year and over

Used card for

• Customer service

Nuttyslack's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2013

See my review. Exactly the same happened to me, the card was being repeatedly stopped for "suspicious transactions"... i.e. overseas ones. Made it impossible to use the card.