low rating with no reason given

Guest's review of Noddle - www.noddle.co.uk

“low rating with no reason given”

Written on: 26/09/2012

i signed upto noddle and it gave me a rating of 2/5 and showed no debts owing and that all payments to my bank for loans and credit cards for several years had green markers indicating okay.
a month or so later i logged in and my rating has now gone down to 1/5 and no explanation or reasons given!!!!!!

• Credit Report

Service Type

Creditwise's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2012

I absoutely agree with this.

Equifax which is probably the most respected credit reference agency in the United Kingdom gave me a credit score of excellent in a recent credit report as there are no defaults whatsoever on my credit file over the past six years recording 14 bank accounts (some which are settled) which is impeccable in every respect. Noddle scores my credit rating as 1/5 which is "poor" for the same financial data.

Then Noddle advertises next to this "poor" credit score, several "rip-off" offers from credit card companies suggesting to me the consumer that these are the only creditors which might offer me credit facilities despite my impeccable credit history.

Noddle is part of Call Credit and I would rate this credit reference agency as slow, ineffecient and cumbersome when dealing with consumer issues with staff demonstrating a poor knowledge of consumer credit law.

I hope that creditors will stick to Equifax and Experian rather than Call Credit even if Call Credit might be "cheaper" for conducting credit searches as there is something very unreliable about the way in which Call Credit determines the credit score of individuals. The scoring is highly unfair and simply directed towards promoting "rip-off" credit cards on the market for Noddle partners.