distressing!

onexposinginadequatecompanies's review of Experian Credit Report www.experian.co.uk

“distressing!”

Written on: 15/06/2013 by onexposinginadequatecompanies (1 review written)

I have recently applied by post for my credit report from Equifax I wrote a hand written letter giving all my address details full name and date of birth everything they would need as I researched what information is needed and three weeks later AFTER cashing the cheque they wrote to me asking for my address yes the address they had written to me at and for my name again they had my full name on the letter, they asked for my signature which was on the bottom of the hand written letter! So I called them and after fourteen minutes on hold after me explaining all they are asking for was on the original letter they put me on hold again. I called back and asked to speak to a manger they didn't speak good English and said they would try help and I had to go through the whole problem again they then said the report would be in the post and with me within seven days but no they send me a letter saying they need a utility bill and my driving licence or pass port. They are messing me around and I would never ever recommend this company they are stressing me and unhelpful and rude. I applied to Experian also and within ten days I had the report no fuss no hassle they are fantastic. But I would never recommend equifax they are a bunch of intelligent rip off merchants I am taking this further. Do not use them ever.!

• Credit Report

Service Type

Maryjane49's Response to onexposinginadequatecompanies's Review

Written on: 11/08/2013

Having recently been the victim of fraud I signed up to Noddle and Experian without too much fuss so I could keep am eye on transactions. I tried to sign up to Equifax and had similar problems as detailed above. They wanted a copy of a utility bill plus driving licence or passport. I am not prepared to send copies of sensitive ID documents to anyone, let alone a company I know nothing about. The documents could end up in anyone's hands.