It is not easy to cancel your free subscription

Guest's review of Experian Credit Report www.experian.co.uk

“It is not easy to cancel your free subscription”

Written on: 26/07/2012

I had misplaced my reference number, and have been unable to cancel my membership with credit experian after making phone calls and numerous emails. When calling up to cancel the membership, I answer many security questions to prove I am who I am, I am told that they are unable to cancel my membership unless I have a reference number. I have been told I have to request the reference number via email, which I have now numerous times. The email I send generates an automated email telling me how I can cancel my membership. But still have not received a referenced number.
I am now going to cancel my direct debit direct with the bank. This credit experian experience has been a let down.

• Credit Report

Service Type

Guest's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2012

Experian owed by Shareholders BlackRock Artisan Partners and Legal and General are given information by Banks and Credit Card Companies Their share trade at over £9.00 as of todays date. Some of this information is wrong andfresults in credit status of good customers being damaged. To rectify this it is necessary to go throug a procedure. I feel there is a duty of care all institutions should give and make sure their clients are fully aware of their credit score. Every institution that produces this information I believe should by law print the score on the top of their clients statment as a warning of what has been reported.If the information is correct then that is fine however if it is inaccurate it should be removed. May people don't understand how the system is geared against them. Many don't realise that the extra interest that feathers the banks next results from wrong information being filed. In my case a default notice was issued eventhough a DD was active with funds in the bank. They didn't take the money when they had been instructed to and then issued a default notice for £12.00 what other antics are they up to. I will investigate. We should all challange this system that amounts to a form of discrimination against individuals Watch for more news from me.