Naughty, Naughty Experian!

jasoncooke93's review of Experian Credit Report www.experian.co.uk

“Naughty, Naughty Experian!”

Written on: 23/04/2012 by jasoncooke93 (43 reviews written)

See my Equifax review for the sheer hassle experienced trying to clean up defaults on my credit file that were added in error. Experian were a bit better on the support front, at least they pick up the phone in the UK. It doesn't get much better though...

I worked tirelessly for 5 months to get 2 incorrect defaults removed from my Experian credit file (approx 20 phone calls, 15 emails, 10 letters) and having been fixed 'Satisfied' for about 7 days, it reverted back to show an outstanding balance [default].

I was told by Experian support that there was an error in the system and that hundreds of 'Satisfied' defaults had wrongly reverted back to show as outstanding. And that they could not manually set it as 'Satisfied' again and I'd have to wait another 7 days, 30 days total. Not good when you are needing a clean file to get business credit on a monthly basis.

My recommendation. Write to the Ombudsman and the FSA (Financial Service Authority) to ask for help if you get no success from Experian. Also just to report anything that just doesn't sit right with you. You know if they are telling you porky pies.

• Credit Report