Experian - High Class Loan Sharks

Guest's review of Experian Credit Report www.experian.co.uk

“Experian - High Class Loan Sharks”

Written on: 21/07/2011

I have found to my detriment that this company is set up purely as a front to offer customers high interest loans. Their TV advert states that it is free to review your credit repoprt this is a lie. Their whole website is set up to make money out of you, you can only see your report after you have given them your card details why? you cannot cancel the monthly payment unless you call a certain number and be subjected to a load of sales patter about the wonders of paying for their service why? their scoring is deliberatly adverse why? because they are nothing more than loan brokers actively encouraging you via their site to take out high interest rate loans to pay off any debt you may have.

When I accessed my report I found a default on their from disputed bank charges and my refusal to pay this one default, according to their scoring system has given me a poor rating and I am now deemed a bad debtor. I asked them to prove the default under the credit consumer 1974 act by sending me signed copies of agreements entered into with the bank. (I only received an answer from them when I threatened them with watchdog)they said they do not need proof??? but were prepared to put a notice on my report for 28 days stating I had disputed it, while they contacted the bank. How commendable! that was in April I received a letter yesterday stating that they have received confirmation from the bank that the default is correct this is a pack of lies as again they have no documentation to support this.

When a company advertises that it is there to help that is exactly what you expect - this company is set up to deliberately con you into paying £14.99 per month for absolutly nothing.

DO NOT USE THEM

p.s. - does anyone know who makes up the scoring systems that these companies use? is it financial ombudsmen? government offices? or some bloke in the back office trying to scam people?

Perhaps we should get the watchdog team to investigate them!

• Credit Report

Service Type

Guest's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2011

I joined them over a year ago but it took them 2 months to send out my pin. I was told that I would receive a refund for my first months payment in lue of the free charge guess what I'm still waiting for it!!!

I rang to cancel my membership as it suddenly was 14.99 a month instead of 7.99 a month when I orginally signed up btw I wasn't told of this change or opt into anything. At this point I mentioned the refund I have never received, I was told that that would happen and after being given a list of reasons to stay with them I finally got off the phone.

I still haven't received a refund and was told it takes up to 10 days because of the banks (haven't all major banks just introduced faster payments??) I asked to speak to the major at which point I was told our manager isn't available and we can get her to call you back in 24 hours which would mean 2pm on sat (they close at 1pm) bet I don't get a call back or my refund!!