horrendous

Guest's review of Equifax Credit Report www.equifax.co.uk

“horrendous”

Written on: 21/01/2014

I applied for my free credit report on equifax as I was looking at applying for a mortgage. My partner had
Already signed up and said it was easy. My account failed to process and I received emails demanding that I called them if I wanted my report. I called the number and was immediately put through to a non-uk call centre where I was asked for all the same information again before the man at the other end told me that they could not let me have my report unless I proofed who I was by sending them a copy of my passport and driving license. I told him I was not willing to do this for a free credit report and he said I could not have the information without them. I asked why the website could not have told me the need for this without me having to phone them and it was very clear that he did not understand me. Now I'm just angry and frustrated. Nothing is ever really free.

• Credit Report