Credit Report Rip Off

Guest's review of Equifax Credit Report www.equifax.co.uk

“Credit Report Rip Off”

Written on: 21/08/2013

Wanted to see credit report so had to subscribe to free trial. After viewing report immediately phoned and cancelled subscription. Advisor spoke poor English and getting the advisor to understand me was difficult. After trying to persuade me to keep subscription for a lenghty amount of time, eventually said she'd cancel it and asked me to affirm by email.

Imagine my surprise some months later when I receive an email saying 'no changes to credit report' and when I checked, the direct debit had been coming out of my account.

Rang Equifax and demanded they cancel my subsciption (again) and demanded a refund. They said they have no record of original phone call or email so refused refund. This credit report subsciption service is a deception, playing on peoples fears and just a way to make money out of you. Typically with products of this nature, they are nigh on impossible to get out of.

My advice is to avoid this product and avoid this company if possible. Problem is, with the power of credit reference agencies, they have a strangle hold over their customers and can exploit them to their hearts content.

• Credit Report