Avoid Equifax Completely

Guest's review of Equifax Credit Report www.equifax.co.uk

“Avoid Equifax Completely”

Written on: 17/07/2013

I initially signed up with Equifax to take advantage of their free 30 day trial, after being a victim of credit card fraud. Fortunately my bank refunded the money but I wished to ensure security of my personal details.

In order to establish my account, I had no choice but to call their advertised number to supply them with additional highly sensitive details. The fact that the call would cost me £6.00 speaks for itself. Poor customer service where you are kept waiting for long periods of time, no command of the English language and lines that keep breaking up. And you're paying for it. I wouldn't be surprised if they make more money from cancellations than the actual service provided.

It took Equifax 3 weeks to update their records to reflect my new credit card details. In that time, a criminal could have caused significant damage to my credit profile. This was the one of the main reasons I chose to cancel their services. WebDetect as a service is virtually useless.

It would have been particularly useful to know what they mean by 'calls from mobiles may cost significantly more' particularly as they give you premium rate numbers, manned by poor English speaking customer advisers.

To then be told that the £14.95 service could be maintained for £5.00 per month if I didn't cancelled clearly shows what poor value for money customers are receiving!

If you are one of the unfortunate victims who signs up to their free 30 day trial, please avoid cancelling via their advertised telephone number and use a freephone alternative by searching www.saynoto0870.com.

• Credit Report