DO NOT USE

Guest's review of Equifax Credit Report www.equifax.co.uk

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 09/12/2012

I applied to Equifax for instant online access to my statutory credit report for the fee of £2 I filled in all the required details online and failed verification about 3 times despite inputing accurate information with no mistakes. To process with my application I was required to tick a box indication I understood the terms and conditions of the 30 day free trial. This was something I did not wish to do and was not indicated as part of the process/service. Despite this as I had already put so much info and effort in I ticked the box to indicate I did (I felt I could easily just contact them to cancel). I then got asked to contact them by phone to finish verification at a cost of 5p per min. Again, not indicated on the site or at the start of the process. Then I got put through to a lady who could not speak clearly and had extremely broken english. At this point I was so annoyed but again, as I had gone so far I decided to keep going. I felt the lady did not know what she was doing or maybe she was purposely trying to slow down the process to make financial gain for the company via the 5p per min call cost. Ten minutes into the call and no further o, I told the lady I wished to stop and cancel everything. I asked her to ensure there would be no charge and that all information submitted in my request for a credit report, be cancelled. I then received two generic emails. One indicating my request for a credit report had not been completed and to call the customer service team if I wished to rectify the matter. The other indication no charge had been made to my credit card account quoted. However given the deplorable service I do not trust either and I am considering a complaint about this service to Trading Standards and/or the Financial Ombudsman.
Absolutely awful and deplorable service - DO NOT USE!

• Credit Report