Incompetent

Guest's review of Credit Expert Online Credit report

“Incompetent”

Written on: 12/12/2012

At 10:39 on Thursday 6th December I called CreditExpert to cancel my membership as I no longer had any use for it. The advisor that I spoke to informed me that I could improve my credit score my submitting a notice of correction explaining the situation around the default on my account. She informed me that as it could take a few days for a notice of correction to show I would have to leave my account active for at least a few days. I agreed to not cancel my membership and to submit a notice of correction.

I was told to do this by emailing a brief message, which was dictated by the advisor, to customerservice@creditexpert.com, which I did..

I received a reply to my email from them at 11:50 on the 6th December advising me that my "request cannot be resolved by email", and to call the customer service team for assistance. I replied to Ian at 11:58 on the 6th December informing him that I had emailed the notice of correction in at the instruction of the customer service team member I had previously spoken to on the phone, and again requested that the notice be added to my account.

I then received a reply from them at 14:13 on the 7th December advising me that I would need to "go through the Experian dispute process online, by going to the website " if I wanted to place a statement on my credit report.

So far then I had been told three different things by three different people, none of which had produced any result save to prevent me from cancelling my membership.

I replied to Melissa's email at 14:25 on the 7th December complaining that as I had been fed incorrect information with the intention of preventing me from cancelling my membership, I would now like it cancelling and any payments taken or due to be taken refunded. I also advised that I would like to lodge a complaint against the agent I initially spoke to on the phone on the 6th December.

I received a reply from them at 15:14 on the 10th December informing me that I would need to supply additional information in order to cancel my membership. The information requested was my full name, which I had been using in the signature of all my emails, my email address, which we had been communicating via this whole time, and my Social Security number, which I do not have as I am British.

I provided the information to Sarah at 11:28 on the 12th December, as well as informing her that as a payment of £14.99 had left my account on the same day I originally tried to cancel I would require this refunding.

They then emailed me saying that he could not locate an account with the information I had provided, and advising me to call customer services.

And here we are, full circle, no closer to cancelling my account or adding a notice of correction that I was when I rang on the 6th December. I have spoke to five advisors, one by phone and 4 by email, all of whom have told me different and incompatible information.

They are a joke of a company who make it nearly impossible to leave. Steer well clear.

• Credit Report