DO NOT REGISTER

MYKEROB's review of Check My File Credit Report www.checkmyfile.com

“DO NOT REGISTER”

Written on: 01/06/2012 by MYKEROB (1 review written)

BEWARE ALL PEOPLE LOOKING TO USE THIS SERVICE.

I REGISTERED WITH THIS COWBOYS 30/5/2012.

I NEEDED TO CHECK MY CREDIT FILE DUE TO STARTING NEW EMPLOYMENT IN THE SECURITY SECTOR.

CHECK MY FILE OFFER A "FREE 30 DAY TRIAL" (NO OBLIGATIONS)

HERE IS THE PROOF:

First, the trial lasts for 30 days and is completely free of charge. Please use the trial period to really get to grips with your credit report and explore all the features it includes. If you have any query about any element of your report, please don’t hesitate to contact our expert credit analysts, who will be happy to help you.

Should you wish to end your trial at any point, simply log in to checkmyfile and visit the Secure Messaging section where you will find instructions on what to do.

If you don’t cancel within the 30 day period, your subscription will continue automatically at £9.99 per month. Your subscription gives real value for money, as our reports contain over twice as much information than our competitors, free credit scores, and free identity theft assistance whilst you remain a subscriber.

CAN ANYONE SEE IN THAT ADVISORY EMAIL THAT THEY WILL DEBIT YOUR ACCOUNT MINUTES AFTER REGISTERING?

AFTER 17 CALLS OF COMPLAINT TO THEM REGARDING THEM REQUESTING PAYMENT FROM MY BANK SUPPLIER AND HAVING THE FUNDS "RESERVED" I ALSO COMPLAINED TO MY BANK OVER A DOZEN TIMES... BE AWARE THAT IF THIS ALSO HAPPENS TO YOU

YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT CHECKMYFILE AND GET THEM TO SEND YOUR CARD DETAILS, PRE-AUTH NUMBER AND A CANCELLATION OF ACCOUNT NUMBER.

AFTER SPEAKING TO 5 AGENTS AT CHECK MY FILE I HAD TO COMPLAIN BY CONSTANTLY CALLING THEM UP. IT TOOK THEM OVER 2HOURS AND 3 ATTEMPTS TO FAX MY BANK. I HEAR YOU ASKING "SURELY IT DOES NOT TAKE THAT LONG TO SEND A FAX?"

WELL IF YOU ASK(CHECKMYFILE) THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL BE DEALING WITH.

THE DIFFICULTY I HAD OVER 2 DAYS IS THAT THEY DO NOT "DEBIT" YOUR ACCOUNT BUT THEY "PREAUTHORISE" THE £9.99 FOR 30 DAYS. HMMMMMM. SO MUCH FOR FREE 30 DAY TRIAL.

RECOMMEND TO ANYONE? DEFINATELY NOT,

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Guest's Response to MYKEROB's Review

Written on: 06/06/2012

I'm sorry to read that you feel that you have been mislead in any way. As you go on to say at the end of your comment, no money is taken during the free trial period, and you are free to cancel at any time.

Pre-authorisation forms just one part of our security procedure and in addition to explaining this in our terms, we also let you know during the sign-up process how it works.

Pre-authorisation is a common practice with credit report companies such as us, and also happens when you book into a hotel, or hire a car.

You can ask us to remove the pre-authorisation if you wish, and this is what you have already done. We pride ourselves on our transparency and customer service and would have made every effort to not only explain the process when you first got in touch, but also ask your bank to remove the record of the pre-authorisation. Although some banks do show this as a debit after registering (especially in online banking), we guarantee not to take any payment during the free trial period.

Once again, I'm sorry that you weren't happy with your free trial - we are always just a free phone call or email away if you are unsure of anything.