Be aware, unscrupulous.

jimmytown's review of Welcome Cottages www.welcomecottages.com

“Be aware, unscrupulous.”

Written on: 14/03/2013 by jimmytown (1 review written)

I made two mistakes when booking through this company. Assuming I was booking a cottage with no problems and also then assuming I could cancel the booking plenty ahead of time (over 6 months) and maybe only lose out on the initial deposit of £25.

I find out the cottage is up for sale on Rightmove, this had me thinking I need to find an alteranative. Be warned Welcome Cottages will require you to find an alternate with them. If you do not and be honest with them you will have to pay £100 ( a low deposit offer, how nice of them).

My Main complaints after my experience is that nowhere on their website is there a warning that the property is for sale. Also that the booking cancellation conditions are hidden in terms and conditions, I think their requirement for you to find alternate accommodation with them is close to being held for ransom. It also should be made clearer during the booking process.

Just wish I had read the reviews on here first and hope no one makes the same mistakes as me.