Locholly Lodge Achiltibuie

RobRoyClan's review of Locholly Lodge, Windyhill

“Locholly Lodge Achiltibuie”

Written on: 20/06/2012 by RobRoyClan (1 review written)

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Locholly and already I am checking the booking availability for our next stay! The house is absolutely amazing and the views are stunning , especially from the hot tub! We had such a relaxing time with our grown up kids and their partners plus Jack Russels,Lola and Olly who had an absolute ball. The weather was kind to us with some bright blue skies and sunshine - the very best weather to view the amazing scenery. Even the odd rain shower did not dampen spirits. We did not venture too far away from Achiltibuie as my daughter is newly pregnant and couldn't face too many car journeys! However there are plenty of fabulous walks that you can take from the house especially down on the coastline. The whole place is so relaxing it's like another world. The house is beautiful, comfortable, immaculate and every need catered for from Music, Movies, BBQ, games cupboard, and of course the hot tub and infra red sauna. Luxury indeed.
My only hint would be to shop well before getting beyond Ullapool as options for shops is minimal and quite expensive as you head north. I can only wax lyrical about this place - not to be missed. Love it :)