Useless service from Cottages4you

Guest's review of Cottages4you www.cottages4you.co.uk

“Useless service from Cottages4you”

Written on: 19/01/2014

Appalling service. Had many problems with the cottage we booked, during Sept 2013.

We called to complain. Told to send email with the pics I took. No reply. I called again. Was told pics had not been received. Sent again and yet still No reply.

The customer service staff at Cottages4you, that I spoke to, were unfriendly, sounded miserable, and were not helpful at all. Excuse me, but it us holidaymakers, who keep you in work, remember!

The accommodation we stayed at in Gorran Haven, Cornwall,was unsuitable in many ways. I do have the photos to prove this. Maybe I should publish these along with reviews on the website for that cottage?

There were many problems including, the least being:
The washing machine never worked. This was on a rainy week. The tumble drier did not work. The housekeeper was called. Eventually the frosty faced woman arrived, to tell us, the machines had worked when she last used them! So what!!! They did not work when we used them, nor according to the reviews left by others who had stayed at that property. That woman never arranged for it to be repaired. We took home piles of wet and dirty washing. Fine, if we had not paid for a washing machine at the property in the first place, but we had!

Never ever again will I book through this firm, and neither will I recommend.

Visit cottages4you.co.uk

Deeca's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2014

Just to add, the place did not have ANY sea views at all, which the advertising said it did. If it did, then why did the owners put a mirror on a side window wall. so that if you looked into it, you may just see a glimpse of distant sea, from an upstairs window, risking a cricked neck?
The bedding was stained! pics to prove.
The bath was an elderly persons walk in tub, which caused much bruising as when I walked into it, the taps, on the side, jabbed into the back- there was no way to avoid this. Many reviews of this property in Gorran Haven, have said the same thing.
Cobwebs and mould in abundance. Dust everywhere.
Insects (mites) on top and on the inside of cupboards, as there was damp behind and at the top of them. We took down a couple of trays to use, and mites were running all over them.
The place smelt of damp very badly. This was just a few of the issues. We did take photos to prove this.

cottages4you.co.uk