deposit rip off!!

Guest's review of Cottages4you www.cottages4you.co.uk

“deposit rip off!!”

Written on: 01/03/2013

we booked a holiday late 2012, for march, we had to then cancel in early jan due to illness and loss of job due to the seriousness of the illness. We had to make numerous calls before we got anyone to speak to us. We were then told we would have to pay £51.00 to add to the £25.00 deposit we had already paid. We agreed to that as we had enough problems and wanted this mess out of the way. We got credit card etc and called back ,only to be told that it would actually be £147.00 on top of the £25.00 already paid. !! We asked for a claims form as we had paid for cancellation cover. They never sent one. Eventually we called back to see why only to find out that the holiday hadnt even been cancelled and no form had been sent!! We are going to Trading standards for help. They say all the calls are recorded so We might need copies... Beware..dont book with them!!!

Visit cottages4you.co.uk

Stoney0191's Comment

Written on: 08/03/2013

Same with us we booked for June and need to cancel due to mums illness and they want us to pay another 250 to cancel..I don't think so ,, court it will be ,, don't use these total rip off ,,horrible people,, smelly old properties..BEWARE...

Teejay1976's Comment

Written on: 19/05/2013

Same with us, cancelled a few days after booking due to change in circumstances. Then receive an email 8 weeks later saying the balance was due, I telephoned them and was told I needed to pay an extra £250 as I took a low deposit (the only option when booking was the full price or £25 deposit) I was informed that it made no difference whe I cancelled as it would still be £250, even that does not make sense under there T&c's regarding cancellation dates and what percentage you need to pay! I've just sent a cheque after receiving my 3rd lletter threatening court action! Wish I'd seen this before. I feel like I've been mislead by a really unethical, dishonest company. Good luck with whatever course of action you take.

cottages4you.co.uk