Totally Awesome Drill

DaddyOgre's review of Parkside SDS Plus Hammer Drill

Parkside SDS Plus Hammer Drill

“Totally Awesome Drill”

Written on: 04/05/2012 by DaddyOgre (0 reviews written)

I bought this drill to drill some holes for ground anchors into about a foot of solid reinforced concrete.

It comes in a workmanlike plastic case with a selection of bits, and a chisel and breaking bit. All keyed SDS bits that fit into the main easy change chuck. Another chuck is supplied in the case for normal wood and steel drilling.

This is an AWESOME drill. It has a sped range from 0 t0 1100 rpm, and using about 400rpm, I set to to drill the pilot holes. Just like going through butter. Effortless, and virtually no pressure required at all.

Changed to a 16mm drill bit, and drilled each hole in less than a minute to depths of arounf 10". Quite outstanding.

I can't speak too highly of this drill. Never mind the fact that it comes from LIDL and there are those who have this 'tool snob' thing about tools from there. As a long time DIY guy, and I am 65 now with several house renovations behing me, this is a totally Awesome drill that will do anything that you sensibly ask of it. A powerful drill, with very impressive capability. I had expected to spend a whole morning doing this job, one that I hadn't been looking forward to. But as it turned out, I was finished within an hour. Just fantastic performance.

Like all tools, treat it with respect, look after it, clean it down after each use, don't treat it badly, and you've got a tool that will last you a lifetime.

I could, I suppose have gone and spent 3 to 4 times as much, kidding myself that I was getting a better product, but I seriously doubt that anything else would do a better job.

Can't speak highly enough of it. Just Awesome.

• 4-6 Months