Le Creuset non stick frying pan - Bentalls Kingston

jay325's review of Le Creuset Cookware

“Le Creuset non stick frying pan - Bentalls Kingston”

Written on: 18/10/2012 by jay325 (1 review written)

We were given 2 Le Creuset frying pans for Christmas 2011, bought from Bentalls in Kingston. Both have been used frequently and one has peeled around the edge where as the other is perfect.
As we have 14 pieces of Le Creuset we know how to use and handle but for an almost £100 item, we cannot believe this has happened.
The response from Bentalls in Kingston is pathetic, granted we dont have receipt as gift but they have asked me to get bank statement from relative which is not going to be possible. When we took it back, we were told they would show it to le Creuset rep and if they could not verify fault it would be sent off for analysis.
Now, they have rung after 3 weeks and asked what problem with pan is? Once explained, they have advised i have to send off and sort myself...
Joke service from one of the UK's oldest department stores and to rub salt in the wounds, after 10 minutes of google search I have found item up to £20 cheaper at 4 different high street stores within a 5 mile location.
No more Le Creuset purchases for us and my last vist to Bentalls will be to collect frying pan, deal with the small independents who actually know what customer service is and not the arrogant overpriced department stores.