These lenses are defective

Proclearhater's review of Proclear Compatibles

Proclear Compatibles

“These lenses are defective”

Written on: 19/11/2012 by Proclearhater (1 review written)

I have been wearing contacts for 36 years. These lenses are the worst
I have ever worn. I was wearing Biomedics 55 however their Rx does not
go higher than a -10.00. I had a need for a -10.5 and so was recommended Proclear Compatibles by my eye doc. Right off, they started ripping when
cleaning. They also appear to build up proteins on the lense immediately
even with proper cleaning. I have been unable to wear these for longer than a few days due to discomfort or tearing of the lense. I was told these lenses were wearable for up to 30 days. Umm, not happening. Not only have I gone through more lenses in the past month than I should go through in 3 months, but they are more expensive than my previous brand. I did contact the company I ordered my contacts through, and they told me return the opened box and they replaced it but even though they sent me a new box with a different lot number, they are still defective. Fortunately, they have not ripped inside my eye, but from reading other reviews, it sounds like it is only a matter of time. I am going to try to find another manufacturer of my high Rx and send these back for a refund assuming I haven't ripped my way through all of them in the meantime.