Fine & a totally happy user :-)

poppypicanto's review of Proclear Compatibles

Proclear Compatibles

“Fine and a totally happy user :-)”

Written on: 28/08/2011 by poppypicanto (7 reviews written)

Amazed at the negative reviews. Though I guess contact lenses are a personal preference thing. I'm really happy with Pro Clear.

Decided to go back to contact lenes after a 2 year break. Boots the optician pointed me in the direction of "Acuve Moist", so I bought a 30 day supply (£39 in total).

After a few days I realised that my expereince was truely horrid. These things are so so wet they slip n slide all over. Just getting them into the eyes was a nightmare and often resulting in; 1) a ripped or damaged lens 2) fluff or towl thread just insantly finding it's way to the lens resulting in the lens being wasted ( as getting the fluff off the lens was near immpossible 3) air bing trapped behing the lens, creating an 'air-bubble' on the eye, causeing a horrid feeling of dis-comfort and non vision. So, even though I had 30 pairs, I'd go through 2 or 3 EACH EYE EACH DAY in wastage.... and so 30 lens lasted only 15. Bad value for money at £39.00

My other dislike was the world suddenly became super sized and large. I recall some funny sentances to my girlfiend; such as " has the steering wheel in the car, always been this large"......and in the supermarket " have they made the cans of baked beans bigger than the last time". Yep - my world became super sized.

In comparision, I ordered 30 pairs of "PRO CLEAR" 1 day...and insantly everything was much better (yes, and the same perscription)....they went into the eye fine, they felt fine, they did'n't feel uncomfortable...and the world looked normal like it did with a pair of specs on - though obvisouly a lot clearer with a fresh contact lens. I'd happily spend my cash on pro clear, rather then acuve.

Overall, I'd stick with Pro Clear lenses and give Acuve Moist a miss thanks.