Lens keeps splitting

Guest's review of Focus Dailies

Focus Dailies

“Lens keeps splitting”

Written on: 09/06/2013

I have worn contact lens for over 20 years and have tried various different types with varying results. I started wearing these lenses about a year ago and initially found them okay. I found that, unlike other lenses, it could be difficult to turn them to the correct way for easting. However, they were reasonably comfortable and I stuck with them. However, over the last months, I have found that they split very easily...usually in your eye. When it first happened, I thought perhaps I had nicked them with my nail. Or perhaps it had simply been a defective lens. I know this happens because I have found on 2 separate occasions when I looked at the lens before I used it, there was either a piece missing or a tiny split. Every product may have
a glitch from time to time, so I wasn't too bothered.

But when it happened again and a further 3 times, with different batches of lens, I began to realize that there was a real problem. These lenses are too flimsy. When they split in your eye, it can take a very long time to locate the split remnants. The last time, it took over 24 hours to locate the last part. It was very painful.

These are not good lenses. I would strongly advise against buying them.