SNEAKY, MONEY DRIVEN COMPANY THAT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN

Guest's review of MyTechHelp www.mytechhelp.com

“SNEAKY, MONEY DRIVEN COMPANY THAT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN”

Written on: 19/07/2013

I contacted Gateway due to having purchased a computer gateway laptop. Anyhow, I was in need for them to mail me all the software I had purchaced previously. Well, the customer rep ask me to hold while she transfered me to the software dept. Then next customer rep that I was transferred to was a "MYTECHHELP" agent. She asked me to explain my issue and I did. After, she assured me that she could fix the virus on my computer via the internet and that I didn't need to purchase the software again.

I asked her specifically how she could do that and she explained to me that all she needed was my pc info and she would be able to tap into my computer with a signal along with me following her instructions. So, after about 8 minutes of her lies, I was sold. I said ok, great being that I was two day late in my classes.

She told me the cost would be $119.00. I told her "well, ok". So, then she told me to hold on and that a recording would play while she was inputing my info. Well, the recording did play with strong music in the background. All that I remembered hearing clearly was that there would be a $19.00 recurring fee monthly. I was like what!! So, when she returned I asked her what it was about and she became angry. She was telling me that I would need those future services and then she told me that she was ready to fix my pc so let's begin, but first do you accept the terms. I then told her "know (the correct spelling is banned)". I don't need your service in the future, I only need you now to fix my issue. I then asked her what are the terms anyway. She then told me to just say yes and I told her "know (the correct spelling is banned)". ! What are the terms...then she stated...I just played the recording. I then told her to email me the terms and I will be able to read them and then accept them. So she said she would and begin to badger me into saying yes again. While, she was talking she very rude!! After the last time she asked me I became bold with her and told her that I didn't want the service becuase for one, I don't know what the terms are to accept and I'm not going to pay $19.00 dollars a month for something I don't need.

She then told me that she would ask her supervisor to take the fee off. Again, she ask me to say yes, and I then asked her if she was 100% sure and she said yes she could fix my computer.

To conclude stupid conversation, the tech rep that she put on the phone was supposed to fix my computer---that was her first lie!! She never attempted to fix my pc. Immediately, when I said yes she transferred me to someone else. The tech had no clue as to fix my pc...everything he told me to do...I had already done prior! So, I bluntly asked him if he could fix it and he said "know (the correct spelling is banned)"!

I asked for a refund and was haggled about it..I was only refunded $69.00 of the $199.00 back. The manager explained to me that I had accepted the terms and conditions when I said "Yes" meaning that I was aware of the $50 non-refundable fee however, I never heard that part and it took them several days to return my refund.

People, this company is awful, sneaky, and money driven. I don't think that any of the "so-called" techs know anymore than the average person about fixing viruses. All they want is your money!!! Please try a professional place like office depot or geek squad...I did and was satisfied!!!

Richyrich81012's Comment