Scam!! Here is what I did to report it...

Theyscammedme's review of MyTechHelp www.mytechhelp.com

“Scam!! Here is what I did to report it...”

Written on: 26/02/2013 by Theyscammedme (1 review written)

I thought that I had called Apple to fix my computer issue, and My Tech Help represented themselves as Apple. Needless to say, I am out $249.00. And, they didn't even fix my computer! I suggest that you file a report with the Florida Attorney General's office. I spoke with them, and they were very helpful. All you have to do is go to myfloridalegal(dot)com, and click on "file a report" under quick links. I also filed a report with IC3(dot)gov, which is an agency that investigates these internet crimes. Also, file a report with the Better Business Bureau. These are all very easy to fill out, and you can really just cut and paste the description of what happened to you into each report after you have the first one filled out. To make it even easier, here is some of the information you will be asked to provide in the reports: the address for this "company" is, according to the email I received, [details removed]. The internet address that I used in my reports is apple.support.mytechhelp.com. Will I get my money back? Who knows, but at least the authorities have documentation as to what this scam is all about. The more complaints, the better.

Zazuzazuzazu's Response to Theyscammedme's Review

Written on: 28/02/2013

Thanks for the information. I called today with an Apple Customer Care contract and got the same misinftormation. Interestingly, they knew when my Apple plan expired. Where did they get that information. I spent three hours screwing around with amateurs, liars, mysteriously disconnect phone calls, etc.

No total refund. My charge card has been notified. What is APPLE DOING ABOUT THIS?