B&W mm-1, probably the best PC speakers ever !

From 1 review
  • Sound Quality

• Ease of Set Up

chunky_lafunga's review of Bowers & Wilkins MM-1

Bowers & Wilkins MM-1

“B&W mm-1, probably the best PC speakers ever !”

Written on: 16/06/2011 by chunky_lafunga (8 reviews written)

I needed to replace my tired, overworked PC speakers, and after what seems like thousands of hours of research, I decided to purchase B&W Mm-1's. Son was promptly sent to Kingston Apple store (excellent service, refund policy & 3 year guarantee) to purchase these. Wasn't easy parting with £399 for a set speakers not much bigger than a large can of coke, but hell what these little beauties lacked in size was made up for in quality and sound output. Connected via the usb connection (as opposed to 3.5 mm jack) for convenience, I did try the 3.5mm jack later but couldn't really tell the difference in quality. Sound had never sounded so sweet from my PC, crisper, more detailed, hearing tones that I had been previously missing was joyous to my ears, finally getting what they deserved after being with me for so long. If they weren't so horrendously expensive I believe these speakers would PROBABLY be the best selling item on the planet. Try them and treat your ears to something they deserve.

Pros: Built in amp & Dac convertor, they look elegant, Build quality, size, 3 year guarantee from Apple store.

Cons: Very,very,very.. Expensive, they tend to get hot, the remote control could have been better, those mp3's that used to sound good, well they don't anymore, if your a fan of bass then look elsewhere.

• 6 - 12 Months