Cannot operate as an insurance company properly

• Customer service

Guest's review of eVan Insurance www.evaninsurance.co.uk

“Cannot operate as an insurance company properly”

Written on: 10/07/2013

After being with Evan for 8 months this policy i purchased a new van yesterday ( ex demo with 1200 miles)
This is a bog standard transit van delivered yesterday.
Great I thought looking forward getting behind the wheel.
After going on line and checking into my evan account I thought a few minuets and i will be on the road how wrong was I .
After trying to change my vehicle details from my old van to my new one which incidentally is for the record a transit 125 T350 LWB TREND AWD. I found that Evan did not have this van listed on their drop down menu .
Next move I had to ring their compulsory £1.50 from a bt landline number as I'm not bt but talk talk I will no doubt be receiving a hefty bill.
I could not believe what I herd from the Evan operative who after keeping me waiting with long silences ect so they can make more money from each call who said that as my vehicle was not on their list that they could not insure me and my policy would be cancelled at approx 10am yesterday and I would be charged a cancellation fee of £70 which will come out of any refund due
I have looked on their terms land conditions and I cannot see anywhere that if they as a company cannot provide a service being the insurance contract that they can cancell the said policy and charge £70 for the privelige.
Incidentally I rang around a few other insurance companies and some did not have an up to date list of vehicles like Evan
But all these companies said they could insure me no problem.
I think it is very wrong that a company like Evan can get away with ripping people off when they want all due to the fact that they cannot provide an Iup to date vehicle listing on their web site.
This was an Evan fully comprehensive policy

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Antgrump's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2013

am currently also up against a brick wall to stop increase from £29 p.m. to £110 p.m. full comp. inc recovery. sent emails to ask reason for this, no reply. did a new quote and discovered vehicle too old for recovery hence rip off increase. so applied for t.p.f.t to reduce cost. bingo £30. excluding recovery. sent new email to change from full comp. to t.p.f.t. was messaged to resubmit on policy changes did that expecting worldpay invoice for £30. but no bloody £110 again for just one month, the van is only worth £500.