Please Avoid

• Customer service

Guest's review of Autonet Insurance - www.autonetinsurance.co.uk

“Please Avoid”

Written on: 21/08/2013

Please Avoid this bunch. Like most of Autonet Customers I signed up for a policy via Confused.com.

So to list my issues.

I paid for the policy in full , then Autonet called me up 2 or 3 times a day (Now let me be clear on how this company calls customers), and this not a joke.... They will let your phone ring for a few seconds and when you answer they will hang up. This is so that you call back on there premium rate number.

After a week of this, I decided to cancel due to he sheer annoyance of the calls and the fear that one day I might actually need this lot to pay for my car to be repaired.

So I called up and cancelled my policy (note it was not actually in force yet) and was charged £50 pounds. To be honest I noticed that a few people complained about this very high cancellation amount. However I think its cheap compared to the pain that I would need to go though to deal with this company again.

Ohh Sorry totally forgot to mention:

1) Being on hold for over an hour
2) Being cut off/hung up on by the call centre

So to summarize I purchased a policy that I canceled BEFORE it became in force and was changed £50 to cancel, I was also put on hold for over an hour and finally I was called up to 3 times a day, just for Autonet to hang up and for me to call them back on their premium rate number.

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Autonetinsurance1's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate your comments regarding the cancellation charges on your policy, the number of phone calls made to you and the cost of your phone calls to us and would like the opportunity to look into this for you.

If you would forward your contact details to us, we will forward your details to the relevant department who will contact you direct to discuss your concerns further.

Kind Regards