Total Rip Off

08444 930 870
  • Customer service

Techiedude's review of Autonet Insurance - www.autonetinsurance.co.uk

“Total Rip Off”

Written on: 30/04/2013 by Techiedude (1 review written)

As always i start to gather renewal quotes for my insurance a few weeks before my current insurance is due to expire on the gocompare comparison site autonet came up the cheapest by quite a margin, but seeing as my current insurance still had 3 weeks to go i didn't accept it right away but from that day i received at least 4 sales calls per day from autonet even after i had repeatedly informed them my insurance wasn't due for renewal.
When eventually i did speak to the salesperson and went through exactly the same questions as the comparison site the premium miraculously increased but as the online quote is valid for 30 days i decided to accept the cheaper online quote.
Within 30 days Autonet cancelled my policy after i had queried as to why they wanted a copy of my driving licence and not my proof of no claims discount which is the norm with any new policy, i had sent them e-mails asking for an explanation why they wanted a copy of my driving licence but they were very slow to respond, in fact one of my e-mails was still unanswered when i received the cancellation notice which arrived 5 days after my insurance had been cancelled thus allowing me to continue driving my car for 5 days without cover in my opinion this is despicable behaviour on their behalf.
I have now been presented with a grossly inflated cancellation fee which i intend to dispute to the very end, the fight goes on .........

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Autonetinsurance1's Response to Techiedude's Review

Written on: 13/05/2013

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused to you and I hope I can resolve your query. We take online reviews and posts seriously and intend to resolve any issues promptly. To allow me to do this can you please email your policy number or address and postcode. This will enable me to pick up your details and ensure the right person contacts you as soon as possible. Take care, Jess