Organised chaos

• Quality of Service

lesleytan1's review of Marks and Spencer's Coffee Shop

“Organised chaos”

Written on: 14/09/2012 by lesleytan1 (1 review written)

I usually go to a cafe for a rest and a relax but the cafe in the new store at Cheshire Oaks left me stressed and with a headache.

First you have to queue to get in. Then you don't know where to go to. Lots of different islands and stands.Decided to have a platter of foods and assumed it would be a platter of cold meats/cheeses/ pickles/ salads but no it was a platter of a selection of hot meals.Odd. Left that station to find something else and decided on the pasta. Where was it? Ah, order your hot food at any till

I went to three different tills to order my food. The first said she didn't take orders, I was almost at the front of another till when an assistant moved me to another saying it would be quicker and it wasn't. The assistant didn't know what were the sauces or pastas of the day were and left the till area to go and find out. I was there ages. Then I had to queue at another area for my tea and the assisstant didn't know about loose leaf tea. Again it took me ages.

I finaly reached a table and my food came fairly quickly but the server placed his tray on the table next to mine and almost knocked the lady's tea into her lap.

The food wasn't worth the wait. Pasta overcooked. Minute portion with a pile of random rocket leaves on top.

• Quality of Service

Steviej90's Response to lesleytan1's Review

Written on: 05/10/2012

Sounds awful. Hope you recovered from this dreadful ordeal!