West Hampstead branch

• Quality of Service

Angels Sin's review of Costa

“West Hampstead branch”

Written on: 19/06/2013 by Angels Sin (82 reviews written)

This is a review of the West Hampstead branch which I tend to visit up to 3 times a week - I would go more often but it is on the pricey side!

Despite being right next door to a Starbucks and a Nero just up the road, I always pick Costa. This is for a few reasons, unlike Starbucks, it's light and cosy looking inside. They always seem to have seats available and the service is really good, fast and friendly. Sometimes first thing in the morning they have a queue reaching the door as they're right next to a train station, but they serve people very quickly and I don't think I've ever waited more than 10 minutes.

The coffee and cakes in this branch are pretty good and they also have a small section of sandwiches, yoghurts and crisps available if you want to grab your lunch there.

I also think Costa has a much better customer loyalty card than Starbucks. With Costa you get points every time you make a purchase and this will quickly build up enough to entitle you to a free drink. This helps to soften the price - Costa is expensive, all these chains are and I'm not even going to try to justify it!

• West Hampstead, London