Fails to listen to complaints

• Quality of Service

Guest's review of Costa

“Fails to listen to complaints”

Written on: 01/06/2012

To be fair, Costa does make a reasonable coffee on the odd occasion, but that is not often, and the bad coffees are bad enough that I would go elsewhere if there was a choice.

My biggest gripe with Costa, and the reason I have given them only one star, is that I have made numerous complaints, two via their corporate website. On both occasions, I was given points on my card, and promised that the area manager would take it up with the store. Nothing has improved. Flat Whites & Lattes vary between (often) so weak you'd swear they forgot the coffee, and strong, but poorly steamed milk, which is either boiled so it separates, or foamed like a cappuccino when I ordered a Flat White (and the whole point of a Flat White is that the milk is correctly steamed and not just wads of foam!).

If I had a choice, I would vote with my feet. I live near some really good coffee houses (Sacred being one), and they make consistently good coffee. Unfortunately, I work near a Costa, and that's it. If there was an independent coffee house nearby that was consistently average to good, I would never set foot in Coast again.