Appalling Offensive Behaviour

• Quality of Service

Schneider's review of Coffee Republic

“Appalling Offensive Behaviour”

Written on: 18/10/2013 by Schneider (1 review written)

I have been a customer of Coffee Republic in Temple Row, Birmingham for almost 10 years and the customer service from some of the staff has dropped over the years.

The last time I visited 10/10/13 I bought a coffee and received a code to surf the internet, at 5.56 pm a lady came over who appeared to be in charge and said we are closing. I said I have a few minutes to finish and she uttered coldly make sure you do. I said anyway you stop serving at 6 so obviously the customers have a few minutes to finish their drinks. She retorted we stop serving at 5.50pm and we expect everybody out by 6pm.

I was about to leave at 6.02pm and was just about to use the toilet before I left and the same woman I had spoken to before said where are you going. I said I am using the toilet. She said we are closed. I said I need to use the toilet. She said no we are closing.

I started to leave and I said I believe you are part of a chain with many cafes and she said that is correct. I informed her I was going to complain to their head office about her disgusting offensive behaviour. She then started ranting on about this and that and I just said I have no intention of arguing with you I am just going to complain about your offensive behaviour.

I have reported this incident to their Customer Service and they emailed back mentioning they would investigate the matter. I have not heard from them since but from a company who employs offensive staff like the one I had problems with I do not expect much.

I am not aware of the law on this but refusing the use of a public toilet to a paying customer may very well be breaking one of the environment laws.

Brian Booth