Poor value for money - so overpriced

• Quality of Service

Lala_123's review of Caffe Nero

“Poor value for money - so overpriced”

Written on: 07/01/2013 by Lala_123 (1 review written)

As a regular costa customer it was difficult to not draw comparisons between the 2 companies. Firstly a medium in Nerro is more expensive and also the size of a small/regular at costa. I ordered a medium hot chocolate - it was made directly into the v small cup rather than in a jug so it was v messy. The staff assured me is was just a plain hot chic but it was unbearably sweet and tasted of cinnamon and just not to my taste so they kindly swapped it for a medium americano. Wow!! I so wasn't ready for how strong it was - the milk thimbles didn't provide nearly enough to make any difference and I had to get 3 of them. The cup was tiny and the coffee didn't have the right proportions of espresso to water. I had 2 of these. By the time I left I had a huge headache and felt very sick and dizzy from just too much caffeine. Really bad experience for me. Your cup sizes need reviewing - the small is ridiculous and I struggle to understand how you can have a staggered pricing system for tea when it involves a tea bag in a cup and just extra water based on the cup size. What happened to having a pot. Really poor I think and not an experience I will repeat. Costa and Starbucks have got it much better covered!!