Rude staff posh coffe shop

• Quality of Service

rockhead's review of Caffe Nero

“ Rude staff posh coffe shop”

Written on: 18/02/2012 by rockhead (1 review written)

I must alert your atention to the appaling service I received at the above menthioned branch this afternoon.
First of all the staff (two women ) were too busy chating and had their backs turned for over a minute when one finally turned to the till she was rude saying just "a second " in a dismisve manner after she took my order she plonked my change down on a wet tray normally when I go in a coffee shop they give you the change in the hand and talk in a better way to customers. The women was blonde and spoke with an norther accent apparently.
This is not the first experiance of having to deal with rude staff at this store on Feb 6th I was siting at one of the table when a slim short women with brown hair (memb of staff) asked if I needed one the chairs next to me I said no and was about to move my shoping bag from it however she was rude saying "lift it up ". I'm sure she could have communcated in a more civilised way and besides i did not need to be told by her anyhow since I would have and was willing to help.
I'm not sure whether I will continue using the store after these two bad experiances.

• caheral place Birmingham

Location

• Quality of Service

Johnwataboy's Response to rockhead's Review

Written on: 28/05/2013

Hi 'Rockhead ', Just what were you doing in a 'POSH ' coffee shop in Birmingham. You come over to me as an ordinary respectable kind of guy, and I am somewhat a little muddled as to why you should support such a coffee shop as NERO when there are so many decent down to earth coffee shops in Birmingham. Surely you could have chosen one of them where your custom would be welcomed and appreciated. Such conduct of staff should be brushed aside out of your mind, and accepted as normal behaviour for their kind.. Maybe they believe they are 'one cut above' customers such as your good self, when in fact quite the opposite is more of a reality. I am sure you would rather remain a 'Rockhead' than a 'Blockhead'. Running a business in this way, by staff idly standing by, is not going to be successful and survive for long. Ironically, NERO THE EMPORER, WAS ON THE FIDDLE AS HE WATCHED ROME BURNT TO THE GROUND. My advice is stay away from the place, and that way the only time you will have your fingers burnt is when you are holding a decent cup of hot coffee in your hands at a good café who will appreciate your custom.