As good as you can get from an inexpensive machine.

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

mikegray's review of DeLonghi Bar 14 Cafe Treviso

DeLonghi Bar 14 Cafe Treviso

“As good as you can get from an inexpensive machine.”

Written on: 08/04/2013 by mikegray (1 review written)

I have been using this machine regularly for two years and I am happy with the results - I also have a two pump professional Gaggia and the coffee produced is every bit as good.
The only weak point is the steam valve which tends to leak after years of use. Easily repaired with new seals.
Several of the other reviews point to weak coffee. It's all in the grind. To make real expresso you have to grind the beans twice. Once coarse then very fine. It helps if you also roast your own coffee - apart from being much cheaper it is far fresher as I roast weekly and grind daily. My personal preference is for Italian style coffee which is traditionally mainly robusta but adding a little arabica helps for smoothness. My own blend is 20% Indian Arabica medium roast 70% Indian Robusta medium-well roast and 10% Vietnamese Robusta very well roast. I use a popcorn popper to roast as this gives me good control.

• More than 1 year